Several gardeners were out of the country for periods of 2007. Nevertheless here's a little index of some cool stuff that happened:
TOP 5 2007 GARDEN EVENTS
1) Laid a path with gravel and stone edging - pics to follow.
2)Divided the raspberry bush - where there was 1, now there are 5. Thanks to Kieran for showing us how to take off shoots.
3) Put down organic slug pellets ordered from Fruithill Farm.
4) Started a herb circle.
5) Planted daffodils and narcissi. I'll post a picture of any blooms in the spring.
TOP 5 FOODS GROWN IN 2007
1)Potatoes - Hurrah they escaped the blight!
2) Herbs - Rosemary, sage, mint, oregano, thyme.
3) Chard - Actually going strong from a 2006 planting.
4) Raspberries - Horridly expensive to buy in the supermarket.
5) Blackcurrants - Sharp, yes, tart, yes, tongue-tingely tasty when stewed with brown sugar.
TOP 5 RECIPES MADE WITH GARDEN PRODUCE
1) Blackcurrant muffins - thanks to Alessandra for bringing her gourmet baking to the garden.
2) Pan wilted chard with lemon and garlic.
3) Potato, pea and mint soup (Avoca Cookbook recipe).
4)Roast potatoes with sprigs of rosemary and thyme.
5) Fresh strawberries with chopped mint - so simple, so delicious.